Monday, January 10, 2011

The Burnout.

The burnout happened, you know the burnout. When you add one thing after another on your list of To-Do's, you become so over whelmed that you HALT...STOP...QUIT... doing everything on your list. Well I got to that point already in the year.

My back went out just around the first of the year, I used that as an excuse not to do anything. When I say anything I mean anything, it's been a struggle to even get up the muster to really OCD ( as friends call it) clean my house the way I like besides the daily need-to clean.

Slowly I'm making my way back into the 'super woman' role, that woman who loves hearing " I don't know how you find the time to do all this,amazing". I'll admit, I LOVE to hear that, it drives me to do MORE actually. I've learned recently that my love language is 'words of affirmation' tied with 'acts of service'....I suggest anyone looking to learn better communication, go to www.5lovelanguages.com . back on track Kim,back on track....

So anyone who knows me, knows I like a challenge. I've recently become a fan of quilting. I've been working on a fantastic one recently and in true Kim fashion, I've found the next quilt inspiration. It's called the Cathedral Window quilt.

Picture - Hyena in Petticoats.

isn't it BEAUTIFUL?! I think I've fallen in love with this style quilt. This will be my Feb project :)

Getting back on track is the hardest part, you get into a habit of slacking and finding that motivation is hard. Instead of making excuses I need to just DO IT. Today was a good start, just keep it up Kim, keep it up.

What do you do to get motivated? or Who motivates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...