Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easter Cookies


I'm not normally an Easter kind of person, I could go on and on about my beliefs but I'll refrain. Although I don't normally celebrate this holiday I did however have an urge to make some Easter cookies and what better way to test my hand once again at Royal Icing.
Normally I have meals and desserts planned out, organized and written down in a calendar but there are times that my impulses get a hold of me and I make things that are not normally in my scheduled menu. Yes I'm that anal about things, I must stay organized otherwise my world feels out of control...more on that later. 

 
ROLL OUT COOKIE INGREDIENTS: 
 Printer Friendly Version


1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1 Egg
1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 Teaspoon almond extract
2 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon salt


Preheat oven 400F. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture one cup at a time, mix well after each addition. Divide dough into 2 balls and on a floured surface roll out into a round about 12 inch circle that is 1/8 thick. dip cookie cutter into flour each use and place cookies on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...