Monday, October 25, 2010

Hot Chocolate Cookies


Well it's here, our 4th week of "12 weeks to Christmas". and what a delight these little cookies are, I tested them with mini marshmallows on half the batch but I prefer without.


Here is WHAT YOU NEED:

2 sticks room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
5 oz.hot cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup each white and milk chocolate chips


Cream together both sugars and room temperature butter.
In another bowl whisk or sift all dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
this part was the hardest. I tried mixing with my mixer but preferred (for the safety of my mixer and self) mixing it by spoon....and of course I indulged in a couple licks too, I know I know, its not safe to do but it sure is good.
Preheat your oven to 350.
the recipe calls to chill the dough for 1 hour, you dont have to if you're short on time. I used a 1 inch cookie scoop and placed 8 cookies on each cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes and cool on wire rack.

Here is the half batch I made with marshmallows... to add these you add the mini marshmallows about 7-8 minutes into baking and bake for the remaining time ( 1-2 minutes) . cool. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...