Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shopping for 2 weeks worth of food.









I figured it was best to get a jump start on grocery shopping for the next 2 weeks before pay day. Although I forgot a few things, didn't know we were out of others and couldn't find certain things in stores I was able to get 2 weeks worth of supplies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

I normally do not have the time or patience to take pictures of our meals at dinner and who can blame me?! With a husband, 3 boys and a crazy dog running around I'm surprised I get as much as I do accomplished with them home. 




Shopping at the Commissary will save you about thirty percent off the bat but adding coupons to it makes the savings higher. I had a weak moment and bought candy bars and crackers for the hubster, little minions and I for the next few months, don't judge. ha!
Commi - grocery and couponing - $ 75.19

If we were not going to a BBQ this weekend and I didn't want to make a special dinner this week my cost would have been lower.




The hubster and I have been talking for weeks about what we eat, our family history of cancer and the long term. We've decided to drink Raw milk, incorporate less meat and more veggies (we'll never be able to give up meat really) and recently decided to start juicing for a 1 meal supplement.

Publix grocery - $ 61.44

The picture below is should be enough fruits and veggies for 5 days of juicing. I do have to hunt down some beets and kale around here but we're pretty set.



*we have meats and other things needed for each recipe from previous shopping trips*

Because I hardly have time in the evening to take pictures I will link each recipe. 

2 Week Dinner Menu: 

Tuesday - Chicken pulled sandwiches. with corn
Wednesday - Cheese Steak Sandwiches.  with homemade fries on the side and fruit as dessert. 
Friday- Homemade chicken alfredo pizza 
Sat- Divisional BBQ - baking side dish, baked beans
Sun- Fend for yourself *mom is not cooking!*
Mon- Cobb salad
Tues- Mushroom and Barley soup 
Wed- Ropa Vieja served with rice, black beans and plantains 
Thurs- Fend for yourself
Fri- Homemade pizza
Sat- Sushi and miso soup
Sunday- Cranberry meatballs and rice (I normally make these with grape jelly and BBQ sauce but I'll try this) 

For lunches we normally eat left overs or come up with some creative ideas like bento lunches or lunches which look a lot like : 

egg or tuna salad sandwich or with crackers
yogurt or cottage cheese with a side of fruit
dried fruit and nuts for a snack
veggies with salad dressing
water

For the kids you can find some great ideas on pinterest. We only make the boys lunch 2 days a week and let them eat school lunch the other 3 days... which might change in the future. 


What's on your menu this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...