Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 2- Grocery, Couponing and Garden budget




Last week we got 5 inserts and this week we get 2 and I still haven't cut my coupons!! Making sure you get your weekly coupon inserts is vital if you are going to coupon and stockpile. 


 My weeks shopping trip at Publix went well although this really was my junk week as far as stocking up.

  • 12 pasta
  • (3) 12pk sodas (this will last us close to 4-5 months)
  • 2 grapefruit juices
  • 1 five pound bag of grapefruit
  • 1 bunch of bananas
  • 2 kosher salts
  • 1 advil 
  • 2 salsa jars
  • 2 party size bags of chips
  • 4 knorr noodle mixes (totally bad for you but I LOVE the broccoli noodles)
  • 4 bags of denastix for dogs
$18.74 after taxes



$8.00



  • 1 King Arthur whole wheat flour
  • 1 five pound bag apples
  • 3 pears
  • blueberries
  • 1 greek plain yogurt
$15.36



  • 1 box of chips ( the boys begged for it)
  • 1 box of pretzels (for my oldest, we bring snacks in after their basketball game) 
Ignore the apples, blueberries and oranges, I forgot that I took pictures of them already. 

$12.88

Keep in mind when I tally up my budget spending I do not count household, personal or animal items.

After tons of google searching and some advice from others I decided I would buy 2 4ft shop lights, which are pricey!! and while at the good ol blue store I saw they had raspberries, blueberries and grapes. I ended up getting 6 raspberries, 2 more blueberries, bring of totally for those to 6 and 4 grape plants. I circled around and saw some snapdragons (which the hubster likes) and some Caladium bulbs that I will be adding to my white garden and in the front in the tree area.



Total spent this week for Gardening
$179.57


Week 2
Couponing:$12.47
Grocery: $31.27
Gardening: $179.57
Savings: $80.77

The end of the month I will show my YTD balance on all.


Anyone grow Grapes in our zone? Any tips or tricks?


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...